You are here: Pass Plus
The Pass Plus Course is designed to give newly-qualified drivers additional experience. Statistics show that new drivers are more likely to have an accident within the first two years of driving. In their first year of driving, one driver in five is involved in a crash.
With this, Pass Plus will help the newly-qualified driver:
- Gain quality driving experience safely
- Become a more skilful driver
- Develop a positive driving style which is both enjoyable and safe
- Reduce their risk of being involved in an accident
There are six modules to cover:
- Module 1: Introduction / Town Driving
- Module 2: All-Weather Driving
- Module 3: Out Of Town Driving & Rural/Country Roads
- Module 4: Night Driving
- Module 5: Dual Carriageways
- Module 6: Motorways
The whole course will take between 6 - 8 hours to complete and can be taken over 2 to three days or whichever suits the pupil. The cost for the course is £140.00. Please note that parts of certain modules may need to be conducted in theory, because of location and weather conditions.
There is no test once all six modules are completed, as the driving instructor will sign each module off as either "Achieved" or "Exceeded" and send the completed training report form off to the DSA's Pass Plus Unit. The pupil will then receive a certificate of completion from the DSA's Pass Plus Unit.
Many Insurance companies participate in the Pass Plus scheme and will give a discount on insurance premiums to drivers who have completed the course. To find out more about Pass Plus click here: